Below Are a few steps, you will know how to vote in India? Also, Check online If you are registered/ If I am registered. If you are not registered then register online with these methods
How to vote in India?
Voting Process at Polling Booth .
- 1. The first officer will see your name in the voter list and then check the voter ID proof.
- 2. The second officer on the polling booth will put the ink on your finger. Will give a slip and take your sign on Form 17A.
- 3. After this, you will press the button on the EVM (Election Voting Machine) symbol of your favorite candidate. When you press the button you will hear a beep sound.
- 4. After voting, you will see a slip in the VPPAT machine’s transparent window. In just 7 seconds, you will have to see the candidate’s serial number, name and election symbol voted on this slip because then the slip will move into a vulnerable VVPAT box.
- 5. If you do not want to vote for any candidate, EVM can press the NOTA at the end of the machine.
- 6. For more information, you can see the voter guide given at http://ecisveep.nic.in/ click here.
And yes, in the polling booth, it is forbidden to carry mobile phones, cameras or any kind of gadget.
Check online If you are registered.Voting List / Name in Voter List
You can vote only if your name is in the Voter List (Electrol roll). You can check whether or not your name is in the voter list in three ways.
1. Check your name by visiting electoralsearch.in. click here
2. You can also find your name by calling the number 1950 (forward by dialing the STD code) number. Through SMS, you can also check your name in the voter list sitting at home. Follow this procedure for this.
Send SMS <ECI> space <EPIC No> on 1950.
(EPIC – Voter ID, also called Elector Photo Identity Card.)
Example – If your voter ID number is 12345678 then send ECI 12345678 in the SMS box and send it on 1950.
4. Or you can also check the name by downloading the Voter Helpline app.
How to register online
If you have to register for voting, according to the Election Commission of India click here, you should be 18 years old on January 1, 2019, for online voter registration. Indian National Voters can go to the service portal and fill their form 6 by enrolling. All you need to do is keep in mind how to register 4 things during this registration.
1. You must be an Indian citizen.
2. By January 1, 2019, you must be 18 years old.
3. Fill in your constituency / polling area, where you are resident and nominated.
4. After registration in your area, you will not be considered ineligible as a voter.